Chaya Tea House Notting Hill




Tea in jars
A while back, me and my friends went to Chaya Teahouse in Notting Hill. We wanted to go for afternoon tea with a twist. After a bit of an internet perusal, we came across the Asian Teahouse - Chaya Teahouse
The place itself is a short walk from Westbourne Park Underground station; but it is walkable from other stations and bus stops. I highly suggest using a smartphone to actually find it, as it is located in someones house they have converted into a tea house; you could easily walk past it.
Tranquil setting
Tranquil setting
Inside I would describe it as quaint and tranquil; you really do feel like someone has welcomed you into their own home. The Asian decor and music set the scene for what was effectively a tea ceremony we had. Our waiter came to us, talked us through the different types of tea, how they brew the teas, as well as going through the menu with us. I chose a black tea, which name I forget, but it was divine.
Tea ware
I can honestly say the food and drink was amazing; I had read good reviews, and it certainly lived up to my expectations and more. To eat I had a rice lotus leaf parcel, which I could have eaten forever, it was amazing. Then for dessert as a sweet, I had wasabi macaroons, I thought it might be a bit weird, but the wasabi was very subtle and it worked perfectly.
Wasabi Macaroon and Marshmallow
We had a highly relaxing afternoon, we spent nearly 3 hours in there, just relaxing, chatting and drinking tea. It is such an experience, and very good value for money; minimum £10 per head - which is generally what we paid, but tipped very well because it was so enjoyable and the service was flawless. A top find and relatively unknown spot in London. Check it out. 
http://www.teanamu.com/teahouse/

No comments:

Post a Comment